Question Any Focusrite scarlett 2i2 3rd gen user?

Dipy

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys today is my second day in this community and this is my 3rd post already šŸ˜‚

I just have some questions that I canā€™t really found in google.

Is there any focusrite scarlett 2i2 3rd gen user here who have compared this product with other product which is pricier abit for the DAC. I used to use Fiio K5 Pro DAC for music playback and itā€™s been nice but then I tried to use the playback from focusrite, the sound becomes a bit weird like I can really hear the sound from right and left from my speakers. And it is a little uncomfortable at first but kind of use to it by now (2nd day).
Is it because the focusrite DAC works better (produce higher quality sound) or there is problem with my setup.

My setup: PC -> Focusrite -> Fiio ->Edifier
[PC USB-C -> Focusrite TRS RCA -> Fiio RCA -> Edifier]

Hope you guys understand what I sayā€¦

If Focusriteā€™s DAC is not good compared to other product you have, what you recommend? Iā€™m trying to achieve a high quality music output (audiophile) for daily enjoyment without spending too much šŸ˜Š

abacus

Doesnā€™t the Edifier have its own amp built in (Active) as if so the Filo amp is redundant, however if the Edifier is passive then so far so good.
Have you loaded the Focusrite software and drivers onto your computer and made sure they are the latest versions.
Go into the Focusrite software and check to see if any processing is switched on which is causing the problem.
If you are not sure how to use the Focusrite pop over to YouTube as there are plenty of videos on there to help you out.
As a general rule of thumb you get much better quality at a cheaper price (Not forgetting more flexibility) going for pro equipment rather than Hi Fi equipment, however you will need to put some work in to get the best out of it with your equipment, whereas with the Hi Fi hardware itā€™s pretty much plug in and play. (The downside I that you are stuck with what the manufacture gives you whereas with the pro equipment you can fine tune it to your heartā€™s desire)

Bill

Reactions: Dipy

TRENDING THREADS