Upgrading my Primare system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am looking at upgrading my Primare system (I30 + CD31). I recently purchase new speakers (Wilson Benesch Curve) and would like to add power and biwire my speakers. Any recommendations? I am really happy with the I30 so would rather add a power amp than changing my amplifier.

Shall I add a power amp such as the A30.2? I heard that they have discontinued this power amp and launched the A33.2. Is it as good as the A30.2? How shall I do the connections to optimise my system? What about the A32? Would it be too powerful compared to my I30?

Besides the Primare power amp, any other pairing recommendation? I live in HK and it is very difficut to test other brands with the I30 as they are imported by different agents...

Thanks for your advice.

Ed

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I've used the Primare Pre30/A30.2 combo for several years, and love it, but it is knocking on a bit now. Haven't heard the new model yet. Have you also considered a Naim pre/power set-up? The Naim NAC202/NAP200 is an excellent pairing (£3000 at UK retail). We'd also recommend you add the NAPSC outboard power supply (£225) for optimum performance.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Naim and Premare sound very different to my ears, if you like your Premare gears I would also have a listen to Musical Fidelity (Kw range)

tiffany-r

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
hi i am listening to a primare system , pre32 and 2x a34.2 . i personaly think it sounds wonderfull, it has bucket loads of detail a very big sound stage and very dynamic, from a loudest cymbal crash to the micro sound of a quiet fringer click . its a very naturel sound with no frequences pushed forward or high lighted . so yes i would consider use the intergrated as a pre then buy one a34.2 then you can upgrade to two and run them bridge .

happy listening , tiffany

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts