upgrading my avi amp to atc amp??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick. Still not sure which player to go for. I think I will wait until next month to see what esoteric and atc will produce.

Any other recomendations what player will suit the atc amp and speakers? I also would like to bi-amp eventually with the P1, can you tell me a bit more of the results I will receive by doing this. Would it make the system louder overall? cleaner? More Revealing therefore making a bad recording sound even harsher? Atc has been saying it will produce a cd player now for a while, but will it deliver or is it only a rumour?

Thanks.

soundquality:
Thanks Rick. Still not sure which player to go for. I think I will wait until next month to see what esoteric and atc will produce.

Any other recomendations what player will suit the atc amp and speakers? I also would like to bi-amp eventually with the P1, can you tell me a bit more of the results I will receive by doing this. Would it make the system louder overall? cleaner? More Revealing therefore making a bad recording sound even harsher? Atc has been saying it will produce a cd player now for a while, but will it deliver or is it only a rumour?

Thanks.

Hi soundquality

Your welcome.

Naim's CD5 XS also works well with the SIA2-150 MK2 and SCM40's. CD31 from primare is also worth considering.

Bi amping your SCM40 monitors with the SIA2-150 MK2 and P1 will easily offer a worthwhile difference to justify the cost. Yes, the presenataion will be far more detailed, cleaner, controlled and dynamic. However beacuse of the reduction in distortion the presenation will be even more natural regardless of the quality of recordings.

ATC's cd player has been a long time coming however the wait is alomost over. ATC are conducting final tests so all being well we should see the player within the next couple of months.

Btw, a couple of my clients have recently bi amped their SCM40's with SIA2-150 MK2/CA2/P1's and they are very happy with the results.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick, once again. At the moment I am using my Denon 4010ud blu ray player as my cd player source and the results are pretty good for a blu ray player.In your opinion what would be a better move going for the esoteric (or something else) or buying the P1 to bi-amp first (eventually I would like to do both, but money is always a factor). Obviously the P1 will cost me far less than the esoteric cd player. I'm just unsure what to do here.Will the esoteric give me much better results than the denon I am currently using? Or should I keep using the Denon as my source and bi-amp the system.? Thanks in advance for all coments.

A

Anonymous

Regards to all!

I would like to ask once again if anyone out there knows if the Esoteric X-05 will be replaced to the K-05? Or the X-05 is here to stay for 2011? If anyone knows any information (esoteric maybe?) about this upgrade or not? I am ready to place an order but no one is saying if there will be an upgrade or not.

All information will be greatly appreciated.( I also know there is 2 new models k-01, k-03 but are out of my budget)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
A quick read of their Japanese website doesn't make it sound like a new version is coming soon. They seem to have released it in black just over one year ago. The latest news on their website seems to be an upgrade service.

From what I can tell there don't seem to be official Esoteric retailers in the UK, so I doubt you'll get a response from Esoteric on here. Maybe you could try contacting them (Esoteric or TEAC) in Europe or the US (wherever you are based).

A

Anonymous

Thanks ID. Much appreciate your feedback. They are not saying anything here in Australia. Is there any more information on the upgrade service offered? I have talkd to a few people and they all say the x-05 is a great player, I don't think I am going to wait for the replacement model if there is no concrete feedback about a replacement model.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ID. I wonder if I buy the X-05 now if it already has the upgraded software added to it.

Thanks for the help.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it, as the newer players/dacs seem to have changed to the 32 bit AK4392 DAC chip rather than the Cirrus Logic chip used in the X-05.

A

Anonymous

Ok. What is your opinion on the X-05? Have you listened to it?

TRENDING THREADS