upgrading hi fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My hi fi system consists of amp Roksan Kandy MKIII,Technics,cd player,Monitor Audio BR5 speakers,Audioquest Ruby interconnect,QED Qudos 25th Anniversary speaker cable.I want to upgrade cd player,speaker cable and interconnect but not sure what makes to buy.

A

Anonymous

Hi approx £1,000
emotion-10.gif
maximum.

A

Anonymous

I was looking at a Roksan cd player mk 3. Not sure on interconnect or speaker cables, would bi wiring my speakers improve sound quality.

John Duncan

A grand will buy you a lot of CD player - and if you can find a Mk3 Kandy (now it's been replaced), I suspect you'd get a serious bargain. That could leave you a fair chunk of change left over to upgrade the speakers if you fancied it.

And yes, I've found biwiring can tidy up sound quite well - it's not a night and day thing but can give your speakers a bit more control. Now if you used that spare change to add a Kandy power amp and biwired them (integrated amp to tweeters, power amp to bass units), that would be another step up entirely......

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Sounds a good idea using a power amp would i need to replace interconnect and speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

Be wary that the Kandy MK3 CDP isn't the shyest of sounds out there and _may_ be too much with the Kandy amp and MA speakers. Have a look round for a new or used Musical Fidelity XRay 8, add a Chord Chameleon Silver Plus interconnect. Then hunt out a Kandy power amp. Finally, I would recommend (not through experience but many other recommendations) the Kimber 8TC speaker cable to allow you to biamp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts