upgrading cd player + speakers (cable debate)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently decided to upgrade my music system, currently I have an aura va40 amp, royd a7 speakers with a kenwood cd player (all somewhat dated) but according to an audiophile freind who is very blunt speaking gives an excellent sound. I have considered a cambridge azur 340 or a marantz 5001ose cd player with kef iq5 or similar speakers. I would be grateful for any suggestions or alternatives. On a separate note I have read with interest the different opinions re interconnects and speaker cable. I personally do think they make a difference with a definate improvement in sound when upgraded cable is used. My own take on the situation is somewhat pragmatic ie if better materials and workmanship are used to produce an article then there should be an improvement in the output quality, just the quality of joints might have an effect

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
keep the amp and speakers and get a better cd player.i had the aura evolution 100 and it's little brother loses nothing in sound quality except maybe in the power and the royd speakers can sound very special with the right kit.the cambridge good as it is,is miles behind the aura in sound quality.if you must change speakers b&w work well with the aura,the creek evo is a nice cd player and on special offer at superfi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts