Upgrading Amp Or speakers first ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

i don't like Triangle BR03, also avoid B&W 600 beacause of the highs, mabye avoid klipsh, i would go for q acoustics old ma silver, wharfedale diamond 12, dali spektor, kef LS 50 meta used, Polk audio Reserve R200.

I live in denmark and a pair of Kef Q 750 is 1000 euros mabye look for that

Reactions: arigo saki

rainsoothe

Thanks, very much, according to all of you i will spend my time and money on speakers first !
at the list above i was wonder how much better it will be than my MA Bronze B4 ?
Only you can be the judge of that. Just for the record, imo it's all about the synergy, and I think every link in the chain is as important as the other, so if you decide on a particular pair of speakers, remember what the partnering equipment was. From reading around, the Nad is let down by an average preamp section, even if the power amp section is pretty good. Imo the amp and source are as important as the speakers.

gasolin

Monitor audio B4 is around 10 years old, last gen silver 100 can be had for around 600 euros, that is a good price, stands if you need a pair can be had for 100 euros and up

Last edited:

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Monitor Audio, Kef and Dali all go very well with the Nad C320BEE in my experience. Also the Marantz PM6000 series amps are not an upgrade for your Nad which in my opinion is the best cheap integrated money can buy

arigo saki

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for your remarks, i will look for decent speakers, personally i prefer floor speakers but will listen to shelf too (like deep bass). So i narrow my list to KEF Q550, Dali Obreon 5 and maybe monitor audio silver

gasolin

The highs on the Oberon can be to much at high levels, concept,zensor has all have a bright sound that easily can give fatigue, but not dali spektor 1 if the spektor 6 is as good or better in the highs as spektor 1 i can also recommend you to listen to it

Monitor audio silver has a new generation but some places it's possible to get the old silver, try both

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts