UPGRADING A85 AMPS TOCYRUS 8VS2 AND POWER AMP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
AFTER TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT CD PLAYER TO PURCHASE IVE GONE FOR CD8X, WAS LOOKING AT CYRUS AMPS, VERY COMPACT LOVELY SOUNDING , JUST WONDERED IF ANY ONE THINKS THEY WORK WELL WITH MY CM7 SPEAKERS, WHICH I GOT A WHILE AGO, I LOVE EM ,IF NOT CYRUS, ANY RECOMMEND WAT AMPS I COULD AUDITION, IAM AN ARCAM FAN BY THE WAY .MY FIRST AMP WAS AN ALPHA 9.SORRY FOR SHOUTING 4GOT CAP LOCK AGAIN,HEE HEE! rock n roll baby found cap lock! geneeddyelvis.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello

The Cyrus 8v2 amp along with the 8 CD player eill go very well with the B&W CM7 speakers as this is the same set up that my girlfriend has

The amp has plenty of power to make the speakers sing very well with good punchy bass, well timed midrange and crisp treble.

I'm an Arcam fan as well and have the Alpha 9 integrated and to be honest, with the CM7's, the Cyrus was just that bit better thena my Alpha 9 integrated.

If you decide to go for the 8v2 amp, definitly look to add the power at the same time or in the future. It will really help to open up the soundstage.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="geneeddyelvis"]AFTER TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT CD PLAYER TO PURCHASE IVE GONE FOR CD8X, WAS LOOKING AT CYRUS AMPS, VERY COMPACT LOVELY SOUNDING , JUST WONDERED IF ANY ONE THINKS THEY WORK WELL WITH MY CM7 SPEAKERS, WHICH I GOT A WHILE AGO, I LOVE EM ,IF NOT CYRUS, ANY RECOMMEND WAT AMPS I COULD AUDITION, IAM AN ARCAM FAN BY THE WAY .MY FIRST AMP WAS AN ALPHA 9.SORRY FOR SHOUTING 4GOT CAP LOCK AGAIN,HEE HEE! rock n roll baby found cap lock! geneeddyelvis.[/quote]

You could always try a 2nd hand P85 and see. If it doesn't work then resell on eBay. I love the sound of my A85/P85 combo biamped.

A

Anonymous

thanks joeslim and d a n ,for your veiws .great when you can an idea of what to try and look at . as the geat man says :thank yerr vury murrch: rock n roll baby.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts