admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am after advice, started putting together basic hi-fi, bought on ebay a couple of years ago

Currently have Quad 11 speakers,Sony CDP-XB930 CD Player,Marantz PM7200 Amp, QED Silver Anniversary Bi -wire, Van De Hull Interconnect ( not sure of model,about £30 a couple of years ago and Atacama stands.

Would like to upgrade gradually, but obviously a bit of a minefield.

Would it be a good idea to look at upgrading CD Player first, with possibly the new Cyrus CD 6SE, then upgrading connects, etc

What do you think?

T

the record spot

Yup, reckon the CDP is the relative weak link in the current set-up, though I would question partnering the Cyrus with the Marantz in isolation of further upgrades. Might be a good first step with a view to later upgrading the amp too. I think the Quad speakers will be strong enough to withstand a few upgrades yet.

What kind of sound are you after? It does sound as though Cyrus have hit the ground running with both the 6SE and 8SE getting fine reviews in different publications in the space of a fortnight or so. I'd still be inclined to point out the Unison Unico (first edition which you could get on a deal somewhere if you look hard enough - lovely machine), the Eastern Electric Minimax which is about £900, Exposure 2010s if you like to rock out for about £600 and the Marantz SA7001 KI-Signature if you like a more refined sound for the same money. The Marantz also has SACD compatibility which might be a consideration for you?

A

Anonymous

Sorry if i'm biased, but i just bought roksan caspian m-1 and its spectacular, allrounder. You should include this cdp into your demo list.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
convex:

Hi

I am after advice, started putting together basic hi-fi, bought on ebay a couple of years ago

Currently have Quad 11 speakers,Sony CDP-XB930 CD Player,Marantz PM7200 Amp, QED Silver Anniversary Bi -wire, Van De Hull Interconnect ( not sure of model,about £30 a couple of years ago and Atacama stands.

Would like to upgrade gradually, but obviously a bit of a minefield.

Would it be a good idea to look at upgrading CD Player first, with possibly the new Cyrus CD 6SE, then upgrading connects, etc

What do you think?

Well, I'd go to a dealer and let them put some different brand systems together. That way you get an idea of what can be done and where you're heading. Also consider AVI's ADM9.1's ... a very powerful active speaker system. Just add source. If you like the sound (clear) you simply cannot put a separates system together with the resolution and power for similar money or probably a whole lot more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts