Upgrade to Denon DVD-1930?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a supermarket DVD player which I want to upgrade.

My TV is Sony KDL-40W2000 with no amp or speakers. I was thinking of buying Denon DVD-1930 with a view to maybe getting amp and speakers next year, when I have finally managed to convince the wife!

Will Denon DVD-1930 work OK without amp and speakers in the meantime? Does anyone have this DVD player with sony TV?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes the Denon will work fine without amp and speakers, simply playing sound through the TV's speakers. We've used Denon players with Sony TVs in the past, and they work very well.

However, if there's a fighting chance of getting amp and speakers next year, you might want to hold off on buying a player until then: each new generation of home cinema equipment seems to offer more for less money, so you may well find there are even better equipped/better performing players available when the time comes to take the plunge on the rest of the system.

A

Anonymous

My existing DVD has pretty much had it so I think I will buy now, but take on board your comments about holding off.

Thanks for your help.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I would just add that Denon has let us know the DVD-1930 is being discontinued. This means
a) if you want to buy right now, there could be some seriously good deals to be done, and
b) a newer (possibly better) player is just about to be launched...

Sorry, I know that probably hasn't made your decision any easier, but felt should pass it on!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts