Upgrade time! Boenicke W5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
newlash09 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Speakers placement 

Thanks for posting your playlist..and your speakers placement post is not giving any results on my phone. Sorry..but could you please retry...thanks in advance :)

Everything is working properly now. 

*drinks* 

I can see clearly now. You have a beautiful looking setup :)

And thanks for posting

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
kukulec said:
interesting design and choice too, however maybe i would have also tried a used contour.

Hi kukulec,

I have Dynaudio for almost 10 years, at my dealer i’ve heard almost all Dynaudio range of speakers and model in this last years, I’m a proud fun boy of the brand. Believe in me when I say it was not easy to turn my back at the brand... This is how special they are.

I’m really impressed with the results archived with this set of speakers in my system, that shows how well balanced my system is.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
Nice looking room, they have lots of room to breathe.

Thank god for that, in the old house it was a struggle to tame those primary reflections... At the new house it’s a open space on the ground floor with about 80/90 sm.

Finally got the positioning right, and marked on the floor. The Boenicke W5 have a neutral sound, no colorations what so ever. Yeasterday had a little time to play around so got the X12 and the W5 head to head. What I discover was that the X12 had a bit of coloration on the sound stage and W5 were so neutral, not hadding anything. In some musics the Dyns create a “false depth” on the sound stage, didn’t heard it in the W5s playing the same music.

Sven Boenicke is on the right track, I think this speakers will stand on their on with pricier ones... But that’s just me...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts