Upgrade path ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all -  I've wandered around the globe so often (every 12months or so) that my old records just became too hard to transport.  So here I am - all my musicis CD based.

The result ?  My Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD feeds a MF A3.2 Preand Power Amplifier combination, coupled with a pair of Mordaunt Short MS208 speakers. I also lately picked up a MF X10v3 tube buffer from my father passed tome.

My efforts to bring out some bass from the Mordant Shorts and getbetter detail in symbols and voice mean that I have bi-wired with QEDSilver Anniversary XT which made a wonderful difference, and added some Van DenHul The Name interconnects.

So why am I botheringyou good people.  Well, while I sit just to listen to music for hours, I'dreally like to get more definition at the top end (you know, hearing the tap ofthe wooden sticks on the symbol and not just the shhish of the vibrating metal)and rather more drive and definition in the bass.  

Then adding the tube buffer had another wonderful improvement,much more detailed and slightly tighter bass. 

My question is, where tofrom here ?  Maybe its my poor speakers that need an upgrade, or perhapsI'm hoping for vinyl definition from this pure digital source.  Maybe apair of Spendor S8e would provide the necessary start ?

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated - I'm a little stuck. Help !??

Best regards
Paul

A

Anonymous

You will never get cd to better vinyl definition on a top notch turn table. All round cd has a brighter sound. I have a top end cd player which is entertaining and very detailed. I added a turn table at a later date and was amazed at the sound quality over cd Don't worry though cd is still good and my main source of playback. Sorry can't help you how to improve things as I'm not familure with your equipment.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply IDC - I agree that I'll never match decent vinyl, but I've experienced good CD and it can be very listenable.

There are many reasons why people don't direct their investment to vinyl, and feel they have compromised with CD, but there is still plenty of reasons to listen to music . . .

All the best mate

Paulÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts