Upgrade help please......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi my current system is NAD C320BEE Amp, NAD C521BEE CD player, Denon TU1800 DAB,Acoustic Energy Aegis One speakers,Chord Crimson interconnects and QED biwire XT Speaker cables. I have approx £250 to spend on upgrading the system. Do you think the speakers should be the first to be upgraded ? Any help would be appreciated.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think £250 is not enough to significantly upgrade anything you have. I would wait a little longer, save some more and look to spend a minimum of £400 on something like Epos or perhaps a bit more on Rega. The same for the amplifier ... Rega Brio absolute minimum or something like a s/h or ex-dem Cyrus 8vs2. Anything else is moving sidewards.

A

Anonymous

Agree with drummerman on this, allthrough a arcam cd73 which you can get for 299 would be a tasty upgrade if your itching to spend and dont want to wait

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="matt444_2000"]do i detect an element of sarcasm there[/quote]

Nop, I really like black
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

would the outlay on an Arcam CD73 make a significant difference to my system ?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Kestrel"]would the outlay on an Arcam CD73 make a significant difference to my system ?[/quote]

Difference yes, significant no.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
All of the components you own are overachievers. I would imagine it sounds quite laid back. What kind of music do you listen to? If you want more upfront and bright sound, try Monitor Audio BR2. I would wait and save for either Epos or Rega though.

A

Anonymous

I listen to all types of music really, pop,chill out, eighties.

I want to get a little more from the system,you think its the speakers that need upgrading first then ?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You should wait and then upgrade the speakers. Save up £500 and spend this as a minimum on each component over the next couple of years.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, definitely the speakers. If you really can't wait, go and try a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. If it's enough of improvement for you, which I think it is, you will be very happy for much less than your budget.

A

Anonymous

I agree with joel. Wait for about five hundred then either speakers or cd first. The amp can punch well above it's weight, as i'm sure you know.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the suggestions, i do not have the experience or knowledge to make a decision on upgrading my system, so thats why I sought your help.

Speakers it is then , can you suggest 3 or 4 speakers so I can start looking ,

Do you think it is safe to buy a second hand pair, how long do speakers last ?

A

Anonymous

The system sounds good at mid -high volume but doesn't sound as good at low volumes,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts