upgrade from Denon 1910 to 3310... overkill?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Toying with upgrading my Denon 1910 to a 3310. My speakers are Monitor Audio Radius HD - 225's for left/centre/right and RSW12 sub with R90s for the rears. I've been told before my speakers would really 'sing' if i upgraded my receiver.. they dont sound to bad at the moment.. i dont need HDMI 1.4 as I'm using a 3d blu-ray player with dual hdmi out.. so if i can save a few quid by going for last years Denon then great. Are there any other major improvements in this years 3311 over the 3310? Are there anything I need to look for with the 3310 in terms of firmware upgrades etc..?

Cheers,

Mick

A

Anonymous

My R250HD speakers certainly sound much better since I upgraded my AVR to something a little more powerful, I'm sure yours will too.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was running radius r225hd with a 3310 and it was awsome. Def not overkill and would highly recommend it if you can do it.

I still use the 3310 as i love it and still use r90hds for rears!!!

Firmware upgrades are done by yourself once prompted by the 3310 as it is connected to the internet.

Dont know much about the 3311 other than it will support itunes airplay and 3D

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Ric71, ( sorry to the Op for hi-jacking) how much better do the apex sound than the RadiusHD you had (225s right) not had mine long, I had the rx1 & rxc, but my wife did not like the aesthetics so I had to go down to the radius, the Apex weren't available at the time, but I am tempted. Before I go and have a listen I was just woundering whether there is a huge difference.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have found the Apex to be fantastic. The Radius are superb but the Apex are better. They are more detailed and dont colour the sound in any way. My next upgrade will be to a higher end amp/receiver. to do the Apex full justice.

I have kept my R90HD rears as I dont feel the need to change these as they are so good.

Cant comment on the sub as went for an MJ Acoustics because I feel it is an awsome sub with music.

Go and audition them but they take at least 300 hrs to run in till they really sing

I demoed mine with an Arcam AV500 and it was bliss.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Get the 3310!! It is network capable, internet radio,napster,firmware upgrades and bags of power
emotion-15.gif
£600 is a bargain if you can stretch to the 4310 go for it. The Radius will sound awsome with a powerful amp!!!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
If budget can strectch to the 3310 i would go for them, Its a beast and will give you more control and scope for future upgrades.The 2310 would be a good purchase and improvement over the the 1910. I take it you considering the Hyperfi B stock at that price

A

Anonymous

ric71:
I have found the Apex to be fantastic. The Radius are superb but the Apex are better. They are more detailed and dont colour the sound in any way. My next upgrade will be to a higher end amp/receiver. to do the Apex full justice.

I have kept my R90HD rears as I dont feel the need to change these as they are so good.

Cant comment on the sub as went for an MJ Acoustics because I feel it is an awsome sub with music.

Go and audition them but they take at least 300 hrs to run in till they really sing

I demoed mine with an Arcam AV500 and it was bliss.

I dropped down from the RX1 & RXC upfront to the radius HD (mrs didn't like the traditional speakers) and although they sound excellent for movies, they don't compare for music, I may go and demo these next week then, I have some Christmas cash and a birthday coming up.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Give the Apex a go, you will be impressed. They do need to be seriously run in though to sound their best!!!!! Let me know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

ric71:Give the Apex a go, you will be impressed. They do need to be seriously run in though to sound their best!!!!! Let me know how you get on.

I'm sure my dealer has had a set on demo for a while now, just need to drop the hint to the Mrs that I might change the speakers again, I will give you some feedback, thanks for the input.

RossTT

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
You will hear massive difference going from 1910 to 3310. I upgrade from 2310 to 3310 and the difference was not as promounced but had a listen to 1911 with my speakers (MA RX10) at a dealer and was totally underwhelmed in comparision to 3310.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts