Upgrade from ca 540c

mRandomness

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My set-up:

amp - cambridge audio 540a ----------- speakers Audio Note AZ-ONE.

I am experiencing some issues with my cd player (cambridge audio 540c). Instead of repearing it I am thinking on buying a new cd player. Can you help me? I want to be at least on the level of 540c. I also want it to be compatible (if there is such thing) with the amp. Options like external DAC + cd player are welcome too.

mRandomness said:
Hi,

My set-up:

amp - cambridge audio 540a ----------- speakers Audio Note AZ-ONE.

I am experiencing some issues with my cd player (cambridge audio 540c). Instead of repearing it I am thinking on buying a new cd player. Can you help me? I want to be at least on the level of 540c. I also want it to be compatible (if there is such thing) with the amp. Options like external DAC + cd player are welcome too.

Their are plenty but it depends on your budget. How much do you have for this project.

P.S.. No point in external dac and CD player, CD transport may be.

mRandomness

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
Their are plenty but it depends on your budget. How much do you have for this project.

I could throw in 300-350 euros (330 - 390 $) on this project. So, nothing too crazy but a reasonable investment (I hope it to last for years).

One more thing, I would like to control the playback and volume with one remote.

mRandomness

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
I cannot answer that one as I know very little about that player and even less as to what else you could get for a similar amount of dollars / euros

I understand your position. Can you then maybe give me some compatible players for my system. By compatible I mean that I do not want the cd player to be a 'bottleneck' as well as something from the other league. Just some quick random thoughts that I could research on.

Depending on where you are in the world I would look at Marantz CD6005, Onkyo C7030, or preferably the Denon DCD720AE. My brother has one and it's rather good.

P.S.. I don't think you need worry about compatibility with the amp so much although some people recommend you get them from the same manufacturer but this is not always the best option.

rainsoothe

Al ears said:
Depending on where you are in the world I would look at Marantz CD6005, Onkyo C7030, or preferably the Denon DCD720AE. My brother has one and it's rather good.

P.S.. I don't think you need worry about compatibility with the amp so much although some people recommend you get them from the same manufacturer but this is not always the best option.

Hi. All of these are good, and so is the 351. Onkyo C-N7050 is also worth considering, if you're using an apple device and want an included streamer.

rainsoothe said:
Al ears said:

Hi. All of these are good, and so is the 351. Onkyo C-N7050 is also worth considering, if you're using an apple device and want an included streamer.

He's not going to get that Onkyo for his budget. If he doesn't need streaming ability, and he hasn't mentioned it, then paying for quality components rather than paying for what you don't need is always the best option in my opinion

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the 351 series is discontinued as it is not on the CA website. The CNX doesn't even have a DAC. 651C should be really decent. Pioneer are releasing a new player soon Pioneer PD-30AE, so might be worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts