Question Upgrade B&W 685 S2

Ronaldka

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
I’ve read some great reviews and plan to replace my B&w by the Monitor Audio Silver 100 7g, unfortunately i cannot test/compare them (current setup B&W 685 / Cambridge cxa81)
Would this be a good upgrade?

On the other hand i can buy B&w with a 30% discount . The MA cost about 1100 euro, but willing to spend more if the B&W would be much better. Only, it needs to be bookshelf speakers….
Hoping to get some advice..
thanks

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
B&W's entry and mid level speakers suck (unless you like tizz/fizz).

They have great driver hardware, c**** xovers and deaf engineers.

I have only heard the latest 200 Silver 7g in Barcelona but was impressed. My guess is the 100 is similar but with more bass. It's a sizeable standmount. Shrinking violets they are likely not but probably still way better balanced than B&W's.

Your CA81 may be a little bit too much of a good thing but considering you like it with your current speakers it may be ok.

Reactions: Ronaldka

manicm

I’ve read some great reviews and plan to replace my B&w by the Monitor Audio Silver 100 7g, unfortunately i cannot test/compare them (current setup B&W 685 / Cambridge cxa81)

On the other hand i can buy B&w with a 30% discount . The MA cost about 1100 euro, but willing to spend more if the B&W would be much better. Only, it needs to be bookshelf speakers….
thanks

No, B&W speakers do not suck, but I do think the Silver 100s may be a worthwhile upgrade, though there's much choice in this price range and category.

Zakhele

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

thanks
The Bowers & Wilkins 706 S2 is on sale now because there is a nodel called Series 3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts