Upgrade after many years

bignige

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

Many years ago when I was single and had lots of spare cash I bought a system which I still have - goes back 15 years plus that I bought it:

1. Roksan Rok One speakers

2. Audio Analogue Puccini amp - NOT the remote version

3. Rotel RCD991 CD player

Thinking about upgrading but don't have much cash and no technical knowledge (hence I don't even know if the above are a good match!).

Any suggestions as to what I would need to pay - and what I should buy that would be an improvement on the above system?

Also, anyone know where I might get decent money on selling or part exchanging the above system?

Thanks,

Nigel

T

the record spot

I guess it depends on what you feel you need to add against what the present setup isn't offering. Personally, I wouldn't change much in a hurry if it's all working well. The Rotel is still a great player, the Audio Analogue is a great amp, the speakers I don't know but Roksan never made rubbish, so it really depends on what you think the issues are, if any, establishing a budget, and checking out the options. Do you want to add the functionality for music streaming or connecting some kind of digital inputs for instance? Do you want a player than handles different formats (SACD, Blu-Ray audio, etc)?

Answer some of those and you're on your way. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts