Update From Sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well i received an update from Sky on Wednesday this is regards to volume levels on HD Channels. I have a Thompson Sky HD Box and it is now Model No 607120X as before it was V. I have been told that they have inreased the Volume level by 10DB. Either way there is a lot crisper sound to watching all channels now. Has anyone else received this update.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I was wondering what Sky had done! I used to have to turn the volume up for HD viewing but now in comparison its slightly louder than SD without touching the volume controls.

A

Anonymous

They have still not sorted out Sky Sports HD1 out though the volume is still far to low, i dont know why they couldnt have done this as they did with all the other HD Channels. I have to turn Audio description on evry time, SD Sky Sports1 is fine.

A

Anonymous

Clare are you sure its January can we get any clarification on this, ive just heard Late Feb. I guess we will all know either way in the next few months.

A

Anonymous

Besides the fact that the EPG looks like it is from last century...

I hope they fix the weird listings. So when you choose an HD channel from the list then go up a channel you might expect to go up one channel in the HD list that you just were looking at, but no it takes you somewhere completely unrelated. I dont surf that much but noticed recently what a complete shambles the listings are...at least if you could select channels while watching you wouldnt have to constantly return to the enormous listing...and while they are at it...searching the A..Z listings is a joke, the changes you describe Clare look promising...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
dazb:Clare are you sure its January can we get any clarification on this, ive just heard Late Feb. I guess we will all know either way in the next few months.

Sky is saying "from" January - and it'll be a phased rollout, over a good few weeks, rather than instantly nationwide (i'm guessing so their support centres don't meltdown with calls from confused customers).

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Stormpilot:Besides the fact that the EPG looks like it is from last century...

I hope they fix the weird listings. So when you choose an HD channel from the list then go up a channel you might expect to go up one channel in the HD list that you just were looking at, but no it takes you somewhere completely unrelated. I dont surf that much but noticed recently what a complete shambles the listings are...at least if you could select channels while watching you wouldnt have to constantly return to the enormous listing...and while they are at it...searching the A..Z listings is a joke, the changes you describe Clare look promising...

Hi Stormpilot,

If you set your favourites you can press the blue button while watching TV and the info banner appears telling you what's on as you press on your chosen favoutire channels - you can then select the channel you want and the SKY will change to that channel all while you watch. You can also sroll through the channels whilst watching by the same method of pushing select then scrolling - you can see what's on every channel while keeping the current channel visible.

When you go up a channel, you are asking the box to do just that - go up a channel. Not sure why you thought it would only change to the next HD channel coz that was the last list you were looking at.

There could be a better system wherein the EPG only shows you the channels you have in your package - would save scrolling through the list but again the favourites option can eliminate a number of channels.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts