Up to 10 films that you loved, but are generally considered naff.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

PJPro:Errrr. I quite liked Tremors. Bought the video and everything.

Tremors is a fantastic B movie type film.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
hifi_nut:PJPro:Errrr. I quite liked Tremors. Bought the video and everything.

Tremors is a fantastic B movie type film.
Agreed. It's a great film of its type.

A

Anonymous

I was very much enjoying "The Bjtch", and "The Stud"
but my favorute film was "behind the Green door"

A

Anonymous

There are probably tons of other films that fit the bill but all I can ever think of when asked this question are 'Weekend at Bernie's' and 'Weekend at Bernie's II'. Rubbish, but generally inoffensive and disturbingly rewatchable rubbish.

A

Anonymous

Tremors is great, and i also agree about Octopussy ( the best Roger Moore Bond film)

Fletch

Running Scared

Last Boy Scout

My fave though is The Perfect Weapon, brilliant martial arts film

A

Anonymous

Major League - One of those American films (aren't they all!) where the team wins the game in the dying seconds.

Starship Troopers and Independence Day were both great. I can't believe that either of these were ever supposed to be anything other than tongue-in-cheek parodies. At least, I hope so.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Fumanchu:

The Dark Crystal, fantastic film!

Dark City, most friends I show it to comment "it's a bit boring"...?

Warrior King, I Think Tony Jaa is the best thing since Bruce, but the film only serves the fight scenes, forget the film though..

Deep Blue Sea, Thrills and Spills!!!?... not really, bet you'll be routing for the sharks like me though!

I like `The Dark Crystal`!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
jasonsony735:My 10 : The Neverending story :( Wish i would of had a Drangon to chase of bullys )Love the sound Track. The Family man : ( Made me think about mylife ) Its good to see that life is what you make it. The Labyrinth ( As a kid i wrote down all the song notes to learn :) , Still know every song ) Con Air ( Put the bunny back in the box ) Some of the best pick up lines ever from a movie. Blade Runner ( Wasnt that popular when released , ( Got to me my Fav Film of all time , Fell in love with the sound Track ) Welcome to the jungle ( Really liked this film ) Lord of the Flys ( Film about some kids trapped on island for months after a plane Crash ) Great story.

I like `The Neverending Story` AND `Labyrinth`!

A

Anonymous

Rita Bob and Sue too , everytime its on I watch a bit its so funny and 80's !

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Starship Troopers!! Cracking choice!!
Godzilla
Any Jack Lemmon movie - including Avanti!
Moulin Rouge

My wife thinks Star Wars (all) and LOTR (all) are naff and I love them (all)!!

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Volcane:I can think of 8, and I'm sure there's 2 more in the back of my mind!

Attack Of The Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Starship Troopers
Hulk 2003
John Rambo
Kingdom Of Heaven (has to be directors cut though)
Alien3
Predator 2

Alien 3 considered naff? a dark, sci-fi masterpiece from the fellow who brought us Se7en?

A

Anonymous

Here we go...

Episode 1

Clear & Present Danger

Innerspace

Creepshow

What Women Want (gulp!)

A

Anonymous

Well, I agree with Jack Lemmon and add to that Jack Nicholson.

Went to see a movie years ago and people left in their droves........I loved it.

Why has no one mentioned Baron Munchhausen ?

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
What Women Want! Hey actually a good choice. A guy called Nick who works in an ad agency! It might actually be me - except for my obvious natural talents with the opposite sex! (cough splutter!)

A

Anonymous

HDNumpty:Volcane:I can think of 8, and I'm sure there's 2 more in the back of my mind!

Attack Of The Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Starship Troopers
Hulk 2003
John Rambo
Kingdom Of Heaven (has to be directors cut though)
Alien3
Predator 2

Alien 3 considered naff? a dark, sci-fi masterpiece from the fellow who brought us Se7en?

Indeed it is a much loathed and detested film, generally!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Since I've already tarnished my good name with Matrix 2 on another thread, I'll also mention Pretty Woman. I know, I know, it's a little strange but I think it's a great film and still quoted regularly by me and my friends...
emotion-10.gif

TRENDING THREADS