Question Universal player

Nov 4, 2022
Visit site
I'm looking for a universal player to play both music (CDs) and movies (DVDs/BluRays).
Video quality is more important but sound should not be terrible. Not bothered about fancy features or apps.
Budget ideally around 200 euro (new or used) since I would not be using it too often, but can stretch it a bit.
I have an Audiolab 6000A amplifier (has an integrated good quality DAC, should I use coax out rather than stereo out from player? which one has better quality?) and a LG CX 55" TV (4k) if that can help...

If you need video as well as music you need an AV amplifier as the Audiolab will not connect to a TV as far as I am aware.
You need to look again at what you are trying to do and ignore the stereo integrated amplifier

If you need video as well as music you need an AV amplifier as the Audiolab will not connect to a TV as far as I am aware.
You need to look again at what you are trying to do and ignore the stereo integrated amplifier
No, but you can go HDMI from the TV to the Blueray and then using 'Audio outs' from the Blueray straight to the amp. There's no compromise in sound quality.

As the OP has a Dac in the Audiolab he could go from TV to amp, by-passing the Blueray for TV duties only.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts