Type of speaker

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Simple question really.

I am moving into a new appartment and the living room is roughly 21 sqm and 3.5m high, so roughly 75 cubic metres.

What is recommended stand/mount or floor standing speakers to fill the room with sound effectively?

Budget up to 400 GBP but a little flexible.

Thanks for the help.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I’d say size wise your room could accommodate a floor standing speaker but also a larger stand mount wouldn’t be lost either so either should be fine. That said with a budget of £400 (certainly if you’re looking to buy new) I wouldn’t be looking at anything bigger than a stand mount 2-way design simply because by going smaller I think you’ll get better quality, for me £400 on a bigger design is spreading your budget too thin and you be sacrificing quality for quantity. If you are shrewd and buy used then that is a different matter, in which case just see what is out there. I still use (although I hope to upgrades soon) B&W 602s which have quite a heft cabinet for stand mounts and are 2-way speakers with 6.5” mid / bass drivers and they’d have enough scale to fill your room without getting lost.

A

Anonymous

eyegrado said:
Simple question really.

I am moving into a new appartment and the living room is roughly 21 sqm and 3.5m high, so roughly 75 cubic metres.

What is recommended stand/mount or floor standing speakers to fill the room with sound effectively?

Budget up to 400 GBP but a little flexible.

Thanks for the help.

If you are as you say a, little flexible with your budget have a look at the Kef R100's. I just got a pair to replace some Monito Audio BX2's and they are stunning small speakers. They can be had for arond £480 with a bit haggling. I don't think there are any small standmounters that can beat them at that price or even at there full price of £600. What Hi Fi don't either, check out their review!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My last place in the UK had a living room measuring just 4 m x 5 m x 3 m high, total volume 60 m3.

I had a pair of ProAc Studio 140 floorstanders driven by two Cyrus X-powers in twin mono bi-amp mode.

Neighbours two floors up loved it :)

To be serious it all depends whether you prefer to spend money on good stand-mounters and good sturdy stands to put them on or about the same (total) on good floorstanders. let that debate begin (again)...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts