Type of Soundbar with Bad Placement

gerygg

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi!
I have a projector and want to buy a Sounbar. I have some limitations placing it and I'm not sure how sound moves on different Soundbars and the problems I may have.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-14 at 09.39.39.jpg

I have to hang it from the air conditionner (1 meter to the right of a wall, 5 meters to the left of another, and 10 meters behind the couch another.

What Soundbar would be better in this situation?

- few front speakers (ie. 2 channels Denon DHT-S216H)
D_DHT-S216_DRIVERS_na.jpg

- many around speakers (ie 13 channels Harman Kardon Enchant 1300)
harman-kardon-enchant-1300-5.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Gery

For what it's worth, I did have a setup in my previous house with the centre speaker near the ceiling, it did sound alright (due to psychoacoustics). But I'm not certain placing under the air-conditioning unit will have any detrimental effect on sound. If you're forced to go ahead with soundbar under the A/C, make sure you choose one what doesn't have any speaker firing towards the ceiling.

Attachments

• Lounge 001.JPG
    Lounge 001.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 11

gerygg

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Behind the screen I have a window, and the screen is actually a black out, so I won't be able to use your idea...

If I go ahead and hang the soundbar to the AC (which is never put on), would you prefer Samsung HW-MS650 ZA or Harman Kardon Enchant 1300? Another option would be to have 2 monitor speakers but i would loose center channel.

Thanks!

You do get projector screens with acoustic window (so only a part of the screen is acoustically transparent), like this one (allowing you to place the soundbar behind the screen):

The multibeam technology of the Harman Kardon looks like it employs 2 upfiring speakers which may not work well in your setup.

gerygg

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
The problem is my blackout screen is a few cm away from the window and I won't really have space for the soundbar there... Plus I live in Argentina, the shipping are border crossing is a bit expensive.

About the HK, it doesn't have upfiring speakers, but it does have sidefiring, I'm not sure if 80 cm to the wall is enough or may get me to troubles. It does have an autocallibration for the placement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts