TXP42GT30 - Calibrated Settings?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone got a link for the calibration settings for this model or can post some calibrated settings?

Out of the box the picture is good, just needa little refining and keen to know what other people find are the best settings.

Also/Or has anyone got any advice on decent software/material for calibrating your TV?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Using settings you find on the internet usually makes the picture worse as each TV needs to be calibrated independantly as there are loads of factors to take into equation like what other equipment is being used? lighting conditions, to name a couple.

I did a guide to the results I got by properly calibrating my TV (there is a link under this post) hope it helps:grin:

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Last time we had this out of the box (which wasn't all that long ago - it's part of the Supertest in the October issue that's on sale August 24th) we used a THX set-up disc to do the initial calibration. That's what we do with every TV we test. You should be able to find a THX set-up menu on one of your Blu-ray or DVD discs - certainly all of our Star Wars DVDs have THX menus on their home page.

Obviously, the settings we arrived at are specific to our testing room - but what we found in the case of the TX-P42GT30 was a slighty, but definite, overstating of red in the colour balance. It's not too time-consuming to go into the 'advanced' picture options and back off the red/green gain to take a little of the warmth and ruddiness out of images, and it doesn't impact adversely on skin-tones and the like.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Press 'Menu' on the remote and select 'Picture'. Then scroll to 'Advanced settings' and select 'White balance'. This gives you the option of finessing the 'G-Gain' , 'R-Gain', 'R-Cutoff' and 'G-Cutoff' settings which will ramp down (or up) the green and/or red balance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts