TX37PX70 Plasma or TX37LZD70 LCD ?

A

Anonymous

I've just read that the LZD70 doesn't support 24fps, surely this must be some sort of mistake on such a recent tv from a leader like Panasonic?

This has confused me, does that mean any 24fps source wont play? Does a player such as the PS3 allow yo to choose which format you wish to pass the video signal to the TV set (eg 720p, 1080i, 24fps etc).

Much confusion.

A

Anonymous

Have Panasonic stopped making the 37" Plasma?

It's not listed on their online shop now.

A

Anonymous

I hope Panasonic haven't stopped making the 37" as I've been waiting for ages for it. Saying that, they've announced the PX80 range as replacements for later this year. Been waiting for a new tv for soooo long now, I'm almost tempted to buy the Samsung LE37R87BDX instead of waiting for Panasonic to get their fingers out!

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Have Panasonic stopped making the 37" Plasma?

It's not listed on their online shop now.[/quote]

Its still on their web site Liz, I do know that they are not going to be around for long though when the new models are released in April there will only be a 37" lcd but no plasma at that size.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kitkat"]I do know that they are not going to be around for long though when the new models are released in April there will only be a 37" lcd but no plasma at that size.[/quote]

According to Clare's report from the Panasonic launch here, there will be 37in plasmas in the 2008 line-up.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]Not just one 37in plasma, either (runs away and hides from embargo-happy Pana PRs)[/quote]

So will it be the French or the Spanish who totally ignore the embargo this year, boss...?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I just have bad memories of a pan-European press conference in Japan a couple of years back run by a company I won't name, but which rhymes with pony.

We all had to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) before we were allowed to attend the product launch, agreeing not to publish anything before a set embargo date. No signature, no attendance at the launch.

Oh, and to make sure no-one did the naughty, there was to be no photography when we were shown the products.

So we all signed them, and trooped into the conference room, whereupon a group of French journalists said they weren't going to sign, as the date set meant they'd miss their magazine publication date, and would be scooped by their rivals.

A bit of a stalemate ensued, and eventually the press conference got underway, with everyone in the room of course snapping away with enough digital cameras to make it look like the red carpet at the BAFTAs.

We Brits didn't bother - the embargo date was fine by us, and of course we were promised a nice fat press-pack with full product photography.

Only at the end of the conference were we told there was now no embargo, after frantic behind the scenes chatter between various European PRs, and here was our press pack.

Felt surprisingly thin, because of course there was no CD-ROM of nice pictures included. No worries, we were told, you'll get it before we leave for the airport.

That was two years ago. I'm still waiting for the disc...

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="kitkat"]I do know that they are not going to be around for long though when the new models are released in April there will only be a 37" lcd but no plasma at that size.[/quote]

According to Clare's report from the Panasonic launch here, there will be 37in plasmas in the 2008 line-up.
[/quote]

I am sorry I understood that Panasonic were going to only make the plasma's from 42" onwards and just have an lcd in 37" but I do think that is good news.

A

Anonymous

I hope there is a new 37" LCD, i returned a Sony V3000 as i didnt rate the SD PQ and 360 gaming on it.

I am a bit of a panny fan, having had 2x crt's and a great 26" LCD (still in the front room) would of bought the 37lzd70 but the wing mounted speakers have put me off (too wide at 103cm)

If they are bringing out a narrower 37" lcd with a more 'standard' speaker arrangement, ill sign on the dotted line now (but looks like ill have to wait till march to find out!)

A

Anonymous

I dont know about the LCD telly but having just bought a TX37PX70 I would certainly not recommend this. The picture quality is not any place near what I expected particularly when viewing football or fast action. In fact I would describe it as rubbish, and this is a highly recommended tv. The picture on my old Panasonic CRT telly was far superior to this new model. Buyer Beware !!

A

Anonymous

What a load of old rubbish, i have this set on what hi-fis comendation and how wrong can you be, you must of been giving it a poor feed, i'm using the Virgin V+ box and the picture in comparable to my old Panny CRT is like the difference between SD and HD, this set is not rubbish you just seem as though your in the CRT camp,i understand as it had got good picture quality but in todays life the size is not relevant, i can get my 37 inch into a space that my 32 could barely squeez into. The actual debate was Plasma or LCD and your talking LCD but i cannot understand that anyone could be disapointed with the TH37-PX70 in any way.

A

Anonymous

I have the TH37PX70 plasma, and it is a excellant set, i have Sky SD and DVD recorder via HDMI - Thanx what hifi for helping me decide.

having saw the lcd and plasma side by side it was clearly evident which was better, plasma all the way.

A

Anonymous

Funny that I also use a virgin V+ box to feed my telly so no difference in our tellys diets then.

I can only comment on what I am seeing on my own tv which I only bought last week and I am bitterly disappointed with the picture quality when watching footy. It is just awful, anyone considering buying one of these sets should be aware of this so believe me I am disappointed with the TH37-PX70.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts