TX-P42G10B - RUNNING TOO HOT??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Took delivery of my new Panny on Wednesday and watched it a couple of hours each evening. Well impressed

BUT...after a couple of hours this afternoon I happened to be near the TV and noted it was 'very' hot towards the two top corners at the rear. When I say very hot I mean my hand could stand it but only just. Should it get this hot??

I do know plasmas generate heat but never noticed it this hot with my old PX80...

Maybe I am being unduly paranoid following premature demise of he latter

Can anyone advise please??

:0

Charlotte

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
they normally have fans on the back to cool them down should`nt be that hot though. plasmas r normally warmer this shows they use more energy dont be worried

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this, the odd thing tho as that I watched about 4 hours of DVDs last night and the back was really COOL. Not even slightly warm.

But what I did notice while checking was a kind of 'fog'/condensation-type effect in the bezel just about the vents. The ones that had been running so hot earlier.

C

A

Anonymous

Think I have this worked out. It runs hotter when the sun is streaming in and the 'eco' setting has to work harder to make brighter!!

In the evenings its cool (man!).

:)

C

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
If its like my Pioneer, it was hot for the first month or so then gradually settled down (Even if its on all day its not too bad now)

Saying that ~ a calibration would probably help

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this aliEnRIK. It does seem a lot cooler now oddly enough.

Incidentally, having just moved up from a 'HD ready' to a 'Full HD' screen, I am SO getting so much more from my Poineer LX50 DVD player :)

Thank you

Charlotte

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts