Tweeter fix

John Duncan

If it has a tear in it, you're stuffed I think. I would gently apply sellotape to it and pull it out, and see how it sounds, but I'd get it replaced fairly sharpish. Shouldn't be too expensive (tens of pounds, say). IAG service department can be mailed at rob@iaguk.co.uk

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
thats funny
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I thought you weren't going to post here ever again asking for advice, as you claimed that you received last time cost you so much money and put you in debt to your family?

[quote user="vanman"]it has a tear in it [/quote]

Not worth crying over, but at least try to keep the story consistent, or no-one will take you seriously.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="thfcwestlower"]
Have the Quads got a coin-box attached to the side?

[/quote]

im guessing this one didnt and the "tear" is the result of vanman trying to force a coin into the tweeter...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vanman"]
I have damaged the tweeter on my Quad 22L2 when I was cleaning it, how can I pull it back out it has a tear in it so need to be careful
[/quote]

we are doing well arnt we?first you totalled three grands worth of tv, now this!:)

some mothers do 'ave 'em as they say!

*whistles* dedededeededededeeedeeeeeeeeee!

A

Anonymous

I lived with 'pressed in' tweeters on my old B+W's for about a year before I ordered some new ones. The day before I got them replaced I took my dyson hoover to them. Never take a hoover to your tweeters.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
My builder dented my ProAcs when he put them up in the kitchen. One pushed in tweeter. And more to the point, he put the bridges back on when I'd purposely taken them off and put them back in the box. Switched them on (I did label every wire beforehand so that he couldn't go wrong, as I biamp). First time, big bang...

Luckily ok.

Then saw the tweeter and used masking tape gently. Worked a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts