Tweeter distortion... Help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sorry Steve im in no way having a go at you mate. I appreciate you have tried to make this your business but the email I recieved back was unprofessional. Let me know what you think I should do?

Hi Mohsin,

Ah.... the 'wrong side of midnight reply'. Serves me right for checking the forums before I go to bed
emotion-2.gif

Don't worry, I'm 99.99% certain there won't be a problem with the speakers -- but if there is, simply ask Superfi to give me a call and I'll sort everything out. (I'm off to bed now)

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

you have gone above and beyond my expectations of any individual or company, just wish it was you working at the superfi, but I guess your retail years are wll behind you.

Not used to this kind of service so this is turning out to be somewhat a new experience.

A

Anonymous

ok went to Superfi today and got the speakers checked, even the gent checking them agreed the tweeters sound was fuzzy and that was with the equipment in the demo room using airlocked qed cable. The guy who helped me check the speakers exceeded my expectations but everybody was not so friendly! I told them I had spoken to Steve Reichert of Armour but they didnt know who he was and tried to offer me a repair. Worst part being from my understanding they wanted to carry it out in store themselves!

Eventually called armour and they spoke to someone in customer services who agreed to do a advance replacement. This should mean a brand new pair of speakers. Just hope they dont turn up marked or damaged and then I can start running them in again. Not a bad result but had it not been for the fact that steve offered his assistance and I mentioned this I may not have been such a happy bunny.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Mohsin: ok went to Superfi today and got the speakers checked, even the gent checking them agreed the tweeters sound was fuzzy and that was with the equipment in the demo room using airlocked qed cable.

Good to hear you had an understanding chap, and your worries were justified!

The guy who helped me check the speakers exceeded my expectations but everybody was not so friendly! I told them I had spoken to Steve Reichert of Armour but they didnt know who he was and tried to offer me a repair. Worst part being from my understanding they wanted to carry it out in store themselves!

What do you mean by 'not so friendly', if you don't mind me asking? I was planning on buying a couple of bits from them.

To be fair to the retailer though, they weren't really doing anything wrong by offering you a repair. Also, many hi-fi shops have staff qualified to do repairs on-site, wasn't this the case?

Eventually called armour and they spoke to someone in customer services who agreed to do a advance replacement. This should mean a brand new pair of speakers. Just hope they dont turn up marked or damaged and then I can start running them in again. Not a bad result but had it not been for the fact that steve offered his assistance and I mentioned this I may not have been such a happy

Well, kudos to Steve, as he's gone above and beyond
emotion-1.gif
Glad to hear you're sorted, it's always good to hear examples of decent customer service, makes me feel happier spending money on Armour products.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts