TV system and a question.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
imagejpeg

This is my system with new stand

I didn't make any adjustments to the stand and just ordered as listed. Got a bit lucky as everything fitted, although the end spaces aren't wide enough to take full size equipment. As you can see I have two big spaces going spare.

My thoughts are to replace my sub that's n far left of photo with 2 x BK XLS200. They'd fit in the gaps n the stand and make everything neater.

PI know its not really done thing, but with sufficient isolation is it really such a bad idea.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
No. Pic didn't post, I'll try the link.

Whf is it possible to post to the site from Flickr with an ipas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92144847@N05/8375792217/sizes/l/in/photostream/

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
richardw42 said:
They're Monitor Audio GS stands, which I think are the same.

Previous to the AVIs, I had MA GS10s.

GS10 stands are identical to PL100 stands apart from having a different top plate that allows you to bolt PL100 speakers to the stand. MA will sell the top plate separately to convert GS10 stands to PL100 stands if you're interested.

Nice looking system BTW. Do you find you need the sub with the ADM9RSSSs for music, or will the subs just be for LFEs in films?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Most of the time I will listen to music with the sub off. But for some music it does back the ADMs up.

Sometimes I can't help myself and keep going backwards and forwards between on and off (easy to do with the Yam).

I was watching Metalluca-Quebec Magnetic, and where a song like Sad But True had more impact with the sub on. Master of Puppets really made no difference. If I didn't have the sub it wouldn't be the end of the world, but a sub for movies is a must.

TRENDING THREADS