TV freezes with PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I very much hope that somebody can advise me on the setup of my system. The main problem that I am having is my TV freezes, crashes, or loses picture. In other words I have to disconnect and reconnect the power to get the television working together.

My television is a LG Plasma 50 PC 55 with one HDMI/DVI 1 and HDMI 2. Also there is an optical out.

My AV receiver is the Onkyo TX-SR 608 with 5.1 speakers

I have a PlayStation 3 for games and DVDs. The ethenet comes from the BT hub through a Sonos p90 to the PS3.

I am using BT vision with HDMI out; ethenet is direct from hub.

The problem seems to happen when resolution changes so I have replaced all the HDMI cables to a reasonable spec, but this is still happening mostly if not all the time with the PS3.

Please help, many thanks Rollover

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Im assuming its plugged 'through' the amp? And the amps set to just allow the signal through without altering it?

Id guess its a handshake issue. Instead of powering down etc, simply change to another input on your amp and back to the PS3 again

A

Anonymous

The amp is new so I am not to sure what I am doing with it.

I have it set to "THX Game". I cannot find through setting but I have "Pure Audio" and "Direct" are they the same?.

I have the PS3 setup to the second tv HDMI and the sound going back through the optical tv out to the amp. I will try and find a 'through' setting and try again.

Thank for the help.

A

Anonymous

It is all working as it should now. The 'through' setting did the trick.

Thanks again

Rollover

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Glad your sorted
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts