tv choice confusion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to replace my aging philips 28" CRT with a 37-42" plasmer or lcd. I initially started looking at a Samsung Le40m87 which i can get for £699 at Comets. I like the styling and have read some good reviews and it seems like good value for a full 1080p screen (I like the idea of investing in the best technology that my budget will support, between £700 & £1000)

Having spoken to people and read various articles it seems that the non 1080p plasma screns at the same size in my budget out perform the 1080p lcd screens.

I was alsotold at comets told me i would be dissapointed with lcd screens without 100hz when watching sport and fast action (100hz models would be out of my budget and surely everyone that buys a non 100hz set cant be dissapointed) i also notice that you rarely mention 100hz capability in you magazine.

I can get a panasonic plasma, TH42PX80 for £719 online which also seems like good value, what are yout thoughts?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matt444_2000"]

I can get a panasonic plasma, TH42PX80 for £719 online which also seems like good value, what are yout thoughts?

[/quote]

£709 at Dixons, use code AW20 at checkout. Great value for money.

For sports action it has to be Plasma. LCDs tend to suffer from "motion blur". The expensive ones, less so.

A

Anonymous

So you think unless i can spend well over £1000 on a 1080p 100hz lcd im best of with the th42px80. That is a very attractive price

Originally i was,nt keen on making such an investment and not having full 1080p but im starting to doubt i need it. When i stand in comets and look at a line of large screens all fed of one blueray player outputing 1080p into a mixture of full hd and non full hd i cant see that much difference. The best screens they keep there (the pioneers) aren't full hd.

Surely a screen with twice as many pixels should show twice as much detail.

A

Anonymous

If I had £1000 to spend on a new telly, I would get the Panny TH42PZ80. It is 1080p FullHD and looks to be as good if not better then the award winning PZ70. You can definately find it for less than £1k on the internet. I, on the other hand have £1100 to spend, so I will be getting a Panny TH42PZ85 for £1072. It boasts an impressive 1:30,000 contrast ratio and the design of the box is a little bit more appealing, to me anyway. I saw on these forums somewhere that a Pioneer KURO 4280 was going for as little as £1170 somewhere, difficult decision....

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
You mentioned going to Comet. I hope it wasn`t the one I was in yesterday where I observed the salesman `drawing` love hearts on one of the LCD screens with his finger and then stood watching as they disappeared.

He then proceeded to pick his nose at length and examine the contents! Dirty git.

A

Anonymous

take a look at the TH42PZ70B... great value and a great set :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts