This topic probably has been done to death, but I wasnt able to find a post related to it. I have a Samsung TV. Speakers are pretty bad. And added to it, I also have a Bose Solo (it was a gift, yes i have really nice friends). Sound is ok. I am looking to upgrade to a Surround system and wanted your opinion to decide between a couple of options.

Primary Requirements:

- Additional speakers behind sofa to be wireless, scalable, additional speakers can be added wirlessly

- Connect from phone wirelessly, multiple phones can connect

Looking at the following. Can start with basic minimal and save and build it up. Starting budget is around $700 to $1000. I am in the US

- Sonos - I am little bummed out by the fact that you cannot play any song that you physically have on your phone. What if there is no internet, will Sonos still work?

- Home Theater in a box - Anything which is scalable and wirless - Any suggestions?

- Amp + Speakers - Wireless and scalable - Any suggestions?

Thank you

D

Deleted member 116933

Hello there and welcome

Really the sonos will be your best bet by the sounds of it.... But im pretty sure a sonos will speak to a NAS drive Playing form a library of music you have on file. eg. itune's which in turn your phone will contol

Its either that or get something with spotify built in.... which surround sound amp's are these days.

hope that helps a little

TRENDING THREADS