Turntables (again) sorry clean slate this time.

nads

I AM buying a new turntable and it WILL be used with the pile of stuff below. Currently i have about 200-300 records (not including 12" singles/EPs and the dear old 7") and i will be adding to it. I have up to 1K to blow, 1K£ just incase any one was wondering, that is for the turntable and Arm. the rest is covered. now i might be buying some storage as well so nothing higher than the 1k. i am wondering if i am actually spending more than i should this is the current issue. Yes i know what i would like to buy and if you need to know i will say but i would not want to guide/cloud thoughts.Music ALL. plan to get some listening done (may be buying) over the next 2 weeks while i am UK based.

matthewpiano

Look at decks from Clearaudio (the Emotion), Funk, Rega, Pro-ject, and Thorens. My money would go on the Clearaudio Emotion with a bit of money left for a possible phono stage upgrade (to Graham Slee) in the future. The Emotion is a fabulous turntable and will be my next upgrade in this department.

nads

No other thoughts?

the pro-ject RPM 9.1 is on hold at the moment due to the fact there are non at the distributors out here so i will be doing a mad dash around the UK listening when and where i can and maybe even buy something so guidance is needed.

nads

Well, the guys in Sweden will not be too happy. i went shopping and did not spend as much as i intended but have picked up a better cart. i went for an Ex demo Pro-Ject 2 Xperience SuperPack that come with a Ortofon Rondo Red fitted.

well i can spend more on vinyl or racks. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts