• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Turntable Upgrade

wildestdreams

Dec 27, 2019
Hello, I am new here.

I am looking at upgrading my ION USB turntable:

I currently have this one:

And am thinking of upgrading to this one:

Or this one: Sony PSHX500 (Black):

I have a Pioneer A-10 amp and Q 3010i speakers.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :).

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
Either of these will be an upgrade from what you are currently using. If you push the cash a little further then entry level offerings from Project or Rega would be a better place to start. You already have a phono stage in the amp so do you really need one in the turntable or USB connectivity?

Reactions: Al ears

wildestdreams

Dec 27, 2019
Either of these will be an upgrade from what you are currently using. If you push the cash a little further then entry level offerings from Project or Rega would be a better place to start. You already have a phono stage in the amp so do you really need one in the turntable or USB connectivity?
Thank you. I am now thinking of getting the Project Primary E.

bigfish786

Jan 29, 2013
I would definitely stretch your budget a little further and go for rega P1 or Project T1. These will give you an extra level of performance and will respond well to upgrades in the future, should you chose to .

Reactions: Al ears and DougK

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts