Turntable sales figures now in

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As requested, i've just updated my 2010 sales blog with the details of turntable sales. Headline figures look healthy, but then you dig into the details [:S]

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
That is really quite depressing. Half of all the people buying a turntable will doubtlessly either be disappointed by their purchase, or wonder what all the vinyl fuss is about.

Shame - even DJs are now turning away from it, so once the market for the usb-thingies is saturated (i.e. people have digitised their vinyl and pop the USBTT on ebay), sales will drop dramatically and we may start to see the end of new vinyl, audiophile re-issues notwithstanding...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Vinyl production will continue as long as people with turntables continue to buy vinyl, if those same people aren't replacing their turntable every year that won't stop them buying new records, so it shouldn't necessarily affect vinyl sales figures directly.

I had a weekend of sorting, playing, cleaning and re-sleeving my vinyl this weekend, the discs now have pride of place under the TV, where they can be seen (should have taken a picture really...), all sorted into genre and alphabetical order, the worst offenders cleaned and given anti-static sleeves and some old 12s I haven't listen to in 20 years given a run out.

I'm all fired up for the Bristol show now, need to buy some more outer sleeves and the Nagaoka 102s are getting a little low, I might have a look at an Okki-Nokki cleaner if they're there (I think they were last time?) and dash it all to heck I might even buy a record or two!

Thanks for the update Clare.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc: I might have a look at an Okki-Nokki cleaner if they're there (I think they were last time?) and dash it all to heck I might even buy a record or two! .

Yep, they're there - see under Vinyls Best in our Bristol Show preview blog

And if I get away from the show having only bought a record or two, i'll be lucky!

(I limited myself to a couple of LPs at Manchester show, but then my OH went back and bought some more. And i've only just paid for my CES vinyl purchases. )
emotion-7.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
the_lhc: I might have a look at an Okki-Nokki cleaner if they're there (I think they were last time?) and dash it all to heck I might even buy a record or two! .

Yep, they're there - see under Vinyls Best in our Bristol Show preview blog

Oh damn...

And if I get away from the show having only bought a record or two, i'll be lucky!
(I limited myself to a couple of LPs at Manchester show, but then my OH went back and bought some more. And i've only just paid for my CES vinyl purchases. )
emotion-7.gif

Luckily having terrible (or no) taste in music means my disc purchases are limited as I don't get distracted by the old classics that most record dealers sell, but yes I can see it being a slightly more expensive show than usual this year!

A

Anonymous

but its still an good comment though :) I might have to adopt it! Is it / are you American?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts