Turntable options for Sonos Five

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I currently have a Teac TN-100 connected to a Sonos Five, I am considering either the Project T1 Phone SB or the Audio Technica LP5X. Will either of these be a substantial upgrade over the Teac, and what do people think out of the two would be the best choice.

Obviously happy to hear any other suggestions at a similar price range (£300 - £350).

Thanks in advance :)

daytona600

Teac & AT are chinese lifestyle products , Project is a real vinyl spinner and made by hand in europe

These cheap plastic turntables from China are hurting my business….” he began.
but rather that people buying cheap plastic “starter” turntables would have a bad vinyl experience.

iMark

The Pro-Ject will be a significant upgrade. The cartridge is in a different league compared to the Teac. The fact that Teac recommends replacing the stylus after 500 hours doesn't bode well.....
The Audio Technica will also be an upgrade over the Teac but certainly not better than the Pro-Ject.

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, my original thought was towards the Project, but then you start looking further and make life more complicated. Also, I do like the look of the Walnut finish ;)

I guess by "substantial" I mean at least a reasonable improvement in quality that would be noticeable.

Do you think its worth spending a bit more, I imagine the Sonos Five may be the limiting factor, so wouldn't want to over spend on a turntable and not hear the gains.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts