turntable mats

stiffbuy1

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
hi can anyone tell me which of the folowing turntable mats is best for my rega planer 3 with rb300

INSPIRE ACRI-MAT turntable mat 0r a ISOkinetik ISOMAT 1 ACRYLIC TURNTABLE MAT

thank you anthony

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
If anybody answers that, how you want it answered,well i give up mate. Tis all down to your ears. Any given mat will (or maybe not for that matter ) have an effect on what comes out of your speakers via your TT *. Im sure some Rega lovers will say you really need the Rega mat, but again thats subjective. My advice,if you want to go down this route, is to try a few different mats if you can possibly do so.

* i.e. Tighten up the bass a tad or lift a slight veil off the mids a little or what have you. Or even have no effect, that you can (can't) hear, whatsoever. Basically you have to experiment im afraid,in my opinion of course.

A

Anonymous

Try the Funk Acromat, by former Pink Triangle owner/ designer Arthur. It has better matching to vinyl resonances than acrylic mats/platters. There is also the Acroplat, a complete platter assembly made from the same material called Aerated Poly Vinyl, made specially for Rega decks. This mat/platter turns vinyl resonances into heat within its structure more efficiently than former acrylic platters - even Pink Triangle ones and they invented the acrylic platter !

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
What's wrong with the Rega mat?

I remember trying a variety of "wonder mats" on my RP3 (back in the day), and after initially being impressed, always ended up back with the original one.

I agree with the Floyd Droid. Unfortunately you are not going to be able to audition a TT mat without actually buying it, and its your ears at the end of the day that will / may / may not hear any difference. You are going to have to 'suck it and see' although I wouldn't bother. Spend the cash on some new vinyl!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts