Turntable mat

filsgreen

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a Project Carbon TT; which came with a felt mat, which is about as much use as a chocolate tea cup. Every time you take the disc off the TT the mat comes off with it. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced mat that does not have this unwanted feature?

Phil

strms

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I frequently have the same issue with a build up of static charge that the OP has where the felt mat comes of with the record on my belt driven TT. However, it doesn't happen when I take a record off of my direct drive TT. I have tried this with and without the platter spining on both TTs with the same result.

Is the belt in some way creating the charge if so are there belts out there that create less than others?

TrevC

strms said:
I frequently have the same issue with a build up of static charge that the OP has where the felt mat comes of with the record on my belt driven TT. However, it doesn't happen when I take a record off of my direct drive TT. I have tried this with and without the platter spining on both TTs with the same result.

Is the belt in some way creating the charge if so are there belts out there that create less than others?

If the mat sticks to the record it can only be static from the vinyl or the mat would stick to the turntable.

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm happily do use this replacing mat for my Project Debut Carbon turntables and very happy with it:

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=corkit&cat=accessories&lang=en

Been able to pay just 10 euro for it, it looks good and it work as expected.

filsgreen

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your advice guys, it looks like the double sided tape is the way to go, it's a nice, easy and more importantly cheap fix.

Phil

TrevC

You just need a bit of double sided tape to hold it down. Coincidentally mine came from Analogue Seduction via their ebay shop. I use it as an alternative method of VTA correction. Saves using cart spacers.

filsgreen

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi Al

I've bought a Milty anti-static cleaner, it appears to have reduced the static. When funds allow I'm going to get a Knosti cleaner.

Phil

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
strms said:

If the mat sticks to the record it can only be static from the vinyl or the mat would stick to the turntable.

TrevC using such an 'imperfect' source to enjoy music on?

I am warming to you :)

TrevC

drummerman said:
TrevC said:
strms said:

TrevC using such an 'imperfect' source to enjoy music on?

I am warming to you :)

Yes. I have a huge album collection. And the sticky tape does work really well despite the nay sayer above!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts