Turntable magic

Oxfordian

With my LP’s cleaned after 20 years of being left in a box in the loft I am somewhat staggered just how good they sound, I have had to ditch just a few from the 120 or so that were dumped up there, which is pretty impressive considering the lack of care and attention they received.

How my new Rega 3 is getting sound out of some of the LP’s is truly astonishing, I look at the platter and see this plastic disc sitting on it that on occasion resembles the Big Dipper at Blackpool, yet the arm tracks solidly up and down keeping that stylus firmly planted where it should be.

Sure there is still the odd click and crackle but not sufficient to reduce the enjoyment.

Having expected to have to bin a lot of the vinyl when it came down from the loft I am very happy that the vast majority is playable.

The only question is to my younger self, why did you buy that!

With my LP’s cleaned after 20 years of being left in a box in the loft I am somewhat staggered just how good they sound, I have had to ditch just a few from the 120 or so that were dumped up there, which is pretty impressive considering the lack of care and attention they received.

How my new Rega 3 is getting sound out of some of the LP’s is truly astonishing, I look at the platter and see this plastic disc sitting on it that on occasion resembles the Big Dipper at Blackpool, yet the arm tracks solidly up and down keeping that stylus firmly planted where it should be.

Sure there is still the odd click and crackle but not sufficient to reduce the enjoyment.

Having expected to have to bin a lot of the vinyl when it came down from the loft I am very happy that the vast majority is playable.

The only question is to my younger self, why did you buy that!
good to hear they are still playable and the big dipper hasn't become the big ditcher. :)

Reactions: Oxfordian

TRENDING THREADS