Turntable leads

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all the vinyl experts out there. Heres hoping you can help me out. I have a systemdek IIX which I have just had serviced and set up by Audiofile in Cambridge - great guys by the way! It has a new 2m Blue Cart, new belt, bearing oil etc) and it sounds bloomin marvellous
dance.gif
So whats the problem i hear you ask. Well, it will have to sit 3m away from the amp - I wont go into the whys etc but thats where it has to be. So my question is - do I replace the existing phonos wired into my deck with with 3m ones and connect directly to my amp Roksan Liii or do I buy the Rega phono mini and connect to one the auxilliary inputs on the amp. Which would be the best way to go for best sound quality - is 3m too much of a stretch for the signal direct from the deck? Would the Rega outshine the phono stage in the Roksan?

Thanks all

A

Anonymous

OK thanks Chebby - so it looks like i'll be in the hunt for a rega fono mini and an additional set of 2m leads.

edplaysdrums42

May 2, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
Yes it would be better to have the shortest distance between the phono stage and the TT.

+1. I am in a similar situation to yourself, having a long run straight from the deck is a definate no no. I've got my phono stage next to the deck. The Fono Mini as an excellent phono stage by the way.

Cheers, Ed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts