Tuners in one brand systems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there! As subscriber to your magazine and (proud) owner of a Roksan Kandy cd-player/amplifier combo I've been wondering about the quality of the matching Roksan tuner. And as far as I can tell you've never tested this piece of kit. I'm just a casual radio listener, so I'm wondering if this tuner (or any other in a one brand system) is worth the splurge. (I could stick with my aging Akai tuner or use a new surround receiver for radio duties...)
In your magazine you never seem to include the tuner in a "one make system" test. How come? Am I the only one with this interest? Sure there must be more people wondering about this?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
IMHO if you want a decent tuner for a system such as this, you could do a lot worse than the Denon TU1500AE - if you just want FM/AM - or the TU-1800DAB if you want to add digital radio reception, too.

Why less coverage in the magazine on tuners? I suspect it's simply that people ask a lot less often for tuner reviews, and tend to listen to what radio they do enjoy via DAB portables and the like.

I'm with you - I'm still running an old Audiolab 800T, which is now over ten years old, in my system.

A

Anonymous

I have been considering the Denon TU1500AE (I live in the Netherlands where DAB is not yet widely available and cable television/radio is).
Alas, for aesthic reasons I'm still wondering about the quality (and price) of the matching tuner to my Roksan Kandy set.

As well as single remote convenience...

TRENDING THREADS