Tube amp. for tannoy Precision 6.2

I am looking for a best solution (quality plus price) for my audio set up mainly for music and here comes the question:

I have a Yamaha AV receiver that use it for both music and movie today but get soon a pair of tannoy speakers just for music but not sure if I should buy a tube amp. ( I am very newbie to tube amp.) or a solid state ( I am thinking about Roksan, Hegel, Creek).

Thanks

-K

record_spot

Kevin Sandvind said:
I am looking for a best solution (quality plus price) for my audio set up mainly for music and here comes the question:

I have a Yamaha AV receiver that use it for both music and movie today but get soon a pair of tannoy speakers just for music but not sure if I should buy a tube amp. ( I am very newbie to tube amp.) or a solid state ( I am thinking about Roksan, Hegel, Creek).

Thanks

-K

Depending on the Yammy that you have, see how you get on. I use a decent Onkyo AV amp as my main hub and it handles my Tannoys with ease. Sounds great too (else it wouldn't be here)!

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Kevin Sandvind said:

Thanks

-K

The only way to know is to go and listen to some. - If you do, you might find Tubes to be irresistible (absolutely adore my Unison Research S8), but they're not for everyone.

Thanks guys for ur kindly replies!

I tested a few expensive tube amp.s but they are much more than my budget and unfortunately all brands are not aviable here to test them. so that was the reason I ask for an advice!

I read a lot of reviews and tested a few high end equipmenst and must agree with a good speaker set , tube amp. works better for music.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Some Valve brands to watch out for:

Icon Audio

Pure Sound

Shanling

Vincent

Ayon

Unison Research

McIntosh

Quad

Jadis

Leben

PrimaLuna

Cayin

Jolida

Rogue Audio

BAT

Cary

Mastersound

I went to test some tube amp.s but I became a bit disappointed. The sound was more realistic but to my ears a bit boring after 10mints. I checked a few solid state amps too and I must say I like them better :) .( Rega Elxr-R , Atoll 100 , Hegel but I mostly liked Roksan Caspin M2. just with Roksan I got a bit distortion on base and I am not sure that was because the speakers or source or amp ).

Any suggestion for a solid state amp. with integrated DAC but Rotel?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts