TT Thoughts please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to re-enter the vinyl world again and have shortlisted 2 tables -

Michell Gyrodec SE with RB300 arm or Mitchel Techno A arm

or

Roksan Radius V with Nima arm.

Any thoughts on which one would be the better option.

Any thoughts on cartridge would be welcome, I have a Naim Stageline Phono amp for mm cartridge....

A

Anonymous

It might be a good idea to look at the Technics SL1200Mk5 these are a high quality turntable to play your Vinyl.

Hope this helps. ive enclosed a picture for reference

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jim,

But I think this is a more clubbing DJ type table. fraid I'm a bit past that now
emotion-9.gif

I would prefer a belt drive table, at the moment I am erring towards the Michell on sheer build quality............

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello and welcome back to the world of vinyl, both the TT's mentioned are very good, the Roksan is a very different beast to the Michell though. The Nima arm is excellent and can be used on a wide variety of TT's but is obviously well matched to the Roksan which is a sprightly performer but the Michell just edges it in terms of musicality and depending on the cartridge used is very quiet regarding surface noise, something the Roksan imo is not so good at, i've owned a Roksan a Michell and wait for it an SL 1210 so Jim's suggestion is not way off the mark a lot of people believe the Technics was invented purely for the DJ market which is not true it was taken up by DJ's because of it's rugged build and the fact that it was a deck that could be transported from gig to gig and it is indeed a fine deck but not in the Michell's class but in that price range well the Michell's the Rega p7 is a world beater i am saving for one now i had a Linn lp12 and it trounces that deck which is no slouch. Oh the joys of vinyl, good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Gregory,

I must admit I never considered the Rega P7, that will now go into the equation , just to be clear are you saying that the P7 is a world beater or the Mitchell............

matthewpiano

The Technics decks are excellent and there are some people using very exotic arms on them with incredible results. However, my money would still be on the Roksan, Michell or Rega.

I'd also be looking at the better models in the Thorens range and the Clearaudio Emotion. The Clearaudio is a superb turntable with a very musical and fluid presentation and well worth an audition IMO.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Rega, the Michell is a lovely deck but is a bit fiddly to set up, not hard just fiddly but the Rega is plug and play, of course it must be sited properly like all decks but it really is a great deck and not far off the p9 in performance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestions guys,

Thats given me plenty of ideas for research and auditions.................

A

Anonymous

Well that was quicker than expected, just purchased a 2 year old Rega P7 turntable on ebay for £729 without cartridge.

OK guys all I need now is a cartridge, any ideas folks..............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts