Trying something completely different

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I am looking at changing my current speaker cables. I use Chord carnival silver (not screen) bi-wire as I think it outperforms the silverscreen which I also have (sitting in the cupboard). I am looking at Nordost Wyrewizard Dreamcaster speaker cables- anybody have any experience with these or Nordost in general?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Not tried those particular cables, but I dont like the flat cables that Nordost produce. Theyre very bass light, and too forward

Have you tried your speakers single wired instead of biwired? Most speakers sound better single wired

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Not tried those particular cables, but I dont like the flat cables that Nordost produce. Theyre very bass light, and too forward

Have you tried your speakers single wired instead of biwired? Most speakers sound better single wired
I have had these speaker cables for a while and it was bought bi-wired...so no, have not tried it single wired. I am open to single wired as I do have a pair of Kimber jumper cables spare (4TC)...any recommendations?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
To keep the frequency response as it should be, you should use the same speaker cable as jumpers

Id personally recommend Van Damme LC-OFC speaker cable

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Not heard the Nordost, but with your system I'd be looking at something like Odyssey or even Merlin.I am familiar with Chord...which merlin are you referring to then?

gbhsi1:plastic penguin:Not heard the Nordost, but with your system I'd be looking at something like Odyssey or even Merlin.I am familiar with Chord...which merlin are you referring to then?

To be frank, not referring to anyone in particular - if their speaker cables are anywhere as good as the interconnects, then they should provide a fine alternative.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:
gbhsi1:plastic penguin:Not heard the Nordost, but with your system I'd be looking at something like Odyssey or even Merlin.I am familiar with Chord...which merlin are you referring to then?

To be frank, not referring to anyone in particular - if their speaker cables are anywhere as good as the interconnects, then they should provide a fine alternative.
I'll have a gander- thank you :)

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
gbhsi1:I am looking at changing my current speaker cables. I use Chord carnival silver (not screen) bi-wire as I think it outperforms the silverscreen which I also have (sitting in the cupboard). I am looking at Nordost Wyrewizard Dreamcaster speaker cables- anybody have any experience with these or Nordost in general?

I have been using Wyrewizard spellbinder for about 6 weeks and im very pleased,to be honest though i have nothing to compare them with.Im still finding the cable thing a bit strange,lots of choice between 2-8 pound but then its jumps to 100 or more,nothing in the middle(or maybe im missing something) this is all new to me.

gbhsi1:plastic penguin:

I'll have a gander- thank you :)

Have a goosey on their website.

http://www.merlincables.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=catshow&ref=Speaker

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Overall I'm a fan of Nordost and the house sound. As a generalization, they tend to give a very fast, detailed and punchy sound, but may rob your system of a little richness/warmth, so probably need careful system matching. If you value detail and speed (which is something many people find fatiguing) over warmth or can use them to balance out a somewhat warm or laid back system (I loved the sound of Nordost with my Arcam Alpha 9)), then I'd consider Nordost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts