Trichord dino dip settings for Roksan Corus black?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Do I have the settings correct? they are all switched off, the same as it was when I had the Ortofon 2M Blue. Is the corus high MM or low MM?

Regards,
Me

Hi gbhsi1, unlike MC cartridges which have a wide range of output voltages MM cartridges all fall within a small range, so there is no Hi or low involved. The Ortofon has 5.5mV and the Roksan has 6.5mV so whatever settings you used for the Ortofon will be fine for the Corus.

A

Anonymous

You have set your Dino correctly. The cartridge is classed as 'normal' or high output type - usually around 5mV when checked with a test record and loads the cartridge with 47kOhms. The low MM setting is usually reserved for the so called 'high output' moving coil models which produce about half as much voltage compared to a conventional MM but still need the 47kOhm loading.

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1 - Interesting as you are using a couple of items I have been contemplating for a bit. How is the Dino and is it an improvement on your previous set up. Also considering the Roksan cartridge - I've recently got a Radius and assumed the Corus would be a good match. Cheers.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Getting the Trichord Dino made a massive difference, would not do without it :) I need sessions with the Corus Black before I form an opinion...I am waiting for my TT back as the tonearm cable snapped when installing the Corus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts