Triangle with Rega or Heed

JohanEk

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Anyone here tried to match a set of Triangle speakers with Rega or Heed amplifiers?

Looking at either Triangle Borea BR08, Comete EZ or Genese Trio Jubileum with either a Rega Elex-R or a Heed Elixir amp.
Im mostly drawn to the BR08 as I would like a set of floorstanders again.

Anyone here tried to match a set of Triangle speakers with Rega or Heed amplifiers?

Looking at either Triangle Borea BR08, Comete EZ or Genese Trio Jubileum with either a Rega Elex-R or a Heed Elixir amp.
Im mostly drawn to the BR08 as I would like a set of floorstanders again.
it's down to you and your listening room I think.
Nobody has your ears.
The amplifiers you mention can be very similar depending on the model you are looking at.
Choose your speakers first and then the amp that has what you require in the w ay of inputs and that can adequately drive the speakers of your choice.
In my opinion the Rega is the better amp especially in it's latest form the Mk4 especially if you require an inbuilt DAC

Last edited:
Reactions: matthewpianist

robdmarsh

No I haven't heard those combinations, I'd love to though. The EZ range of speakers combines brilliantly with Denon.
I'm a big fan of Triangle. I think what they do so well is make an exciting sounding speaker without compromising refinement, not an easy trick to pull off.

Reactions: JohanEk

JohanEk

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
No I haven't heard those combinations, I'd love to though. The EZ range of speakers combines brilliantly with Denon.
I'm a big fan of Triangle. I think what they do so well is make an exciting sounding speaker without compromising refinement, not an easy trick to pull off.

Yeah I'm also a big fan of Triangle. Used to own the Esprit Antal EZ floorstanders 6 years ago.
I'm now downsizing my current setup due to lack of time and looking at a "budget" system.
At least compared to my system now.

And I think I will go Triangle again. Havent yet decided which model though.
Borea BR08, Genese Trio Jubileum or Comete EZ.

Rega Elex-R is my top choice of amplifier. Atoll in200SE my second. Then a delaer has a demounit of a Heed Elixir which seems interesting as well.

robdmarsh

Where are you based? I'm guessing not in the UK but if you were here there's someone on eBay selling an Atoll in200SE for £900. I actually went to hear it but I was not particularly impressed as he was running some Quad s4 floor standers which to me had a rather incoherent sound with the ribbon tweeter sounding detached.

The Antals are huge aren't they, too big for my situation. They did produce the Gaia EZ which is the floor standing version of my Titus but I think they discontinued it, which is a shame.

Reactions: JohanEk

JohanEk

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Where are you based? I'm guessing not in the UK but if you were here there's someone on eBay selling an Atoll in200SE for £900. I actually went to hear it but I was not particularly impressed as he was running some Quad s4 floor standers which to me had a rather incoherent sound with the ribbon tweeter sounding detached.

The Antals are huge aren't they, too big for my situation. They did produce the Gaia EZ which is the floor standing version of my Titus but I think they discontinued it, which is a shame.

Im based just outside of Stockholm, Sweden. :) We have some dealers around who sells Atoll, Triangle and more here.
Ah yeah the Antals were big. :) But beautiful sounding!
Found an OLD picture back from then.

AntalEZ.jpg

Reactions: WayneKerr

robdmarsh

Ooh white, nice! I think if you went with the Borea's, good though I'm sure they are, they'd be a step down from the EZ series because they wouldn't have that magical titanium domed tweeter.

How do your ATC scm 19 compare with the Antals?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts