Review Triangle Genese Lyrr 2022

I thought I’d give a little update on my speakers as I have now had them a few months, so I thought it a good moment to share my findings.
firstly, the visual impact of the speakers is amazing. They look stunning, beautifully finished, with a nice piano white paint job, and clean lines where metal or rubber meets wood.
mine arrived with what looked like a blob of glue stuck on one of the bass drivers, so I messaged Triangle about this, and they are sending a replacement driver out, so all will be good when it arrives.
onto sound quality, and these big speakers took a long, long time to run in. Well over 200 hours. At times they were very frustrating. With stiff drivers and an inconsistent soundstage.
some moments sounding amazing, followed by a period of flat and lifeless.At times I was frustrated and confused I didn’t really know what to make of them.
fast forward a few weeks, and a loosening of drivers and what a difference this has made. They are everything my Focal were and more. Huge soundstage, that feels so deep, almost jumps towards you.
with slow paced music, I’m in utter amazement. Faster heavier stuff, and the soundstage narrows, but everything is there. Tweek the volume up and wow. What an amazing experience. Everything is where you want it. I’m not talking about really high volume, just medium levels, and they really shine.
fine tuning and tweeting of bass and treble I managed to tweak the height of the spikes and get the balance just right. I absolutely love them.
Are they worth the 2k increase on the Focals, most definitely.
As they look almost identical to the Signature Alpha, which are a 7k speaker I think they are worth every penny.
it makes me wonder just how good are the Signature over the Genese, and how good are the Magellan.
I’m definitely a Triangle Fan. Im sure more people will enjoy their charms.

I thought I’d give a little update on my speakers as I have now had them a few months, so I thought it a good moment to share my findings.
firstly, the visual impact of the speakers is amazing. They look stunning, beautifully finished, with a nice piano white paint job, and clean lines where metal or rubber meets wood.
mine arrived with what looked like a blob of glue stuck on one of the bass drivers, so I messaged Triangle about this, and they are sending a replacement driver out, so all will be good when it arrives.
onto sound quality, and these big speakers took a long, long time to run in. Well over 200 hours. At times they were very frustrating. With stiff drivers and an inconsistent soundstage.
some moments sounding amazing, followed by a period of flat and lifeless.At times I was frustrated and confused I didn’t really know what to make of them.
fast forward a few weeks, and a loosening of drivers and what a difference this has made. They are everything my Focal were and more. Huge soundstage, that feels so deep, almost jumps towards you.
with slow paced music, I’m in utter amazement. Faster heavier stuff, and the soundstage narrows, but everything is there. Tweek the volume up and wow. What an amazing experience. Everything is where you want it. I’m not talking about really high volume, just medium levels, and they really shine.
fine tuning and tweeting of bass and treble I managed to tweak the height of the spikes and get the balance just right. I absolutely love them.
Are they worth the 2k increase on the Focals, most definitely.
As they look almost identical to the Signature Alpha, which are a 7k speaker I think they are worth every penny.
it makes me wonder just how good are the Signature over the Genese, and how good are the Magellan.
I’m definitely a Triangle Fan. Im sure more people will enjoy their charms.
Excellent to hear
Many are reluctant to move away from the usual offerings when it comes to speakers especially UK members.
Took me a good while to realise that other nations make excellent speakers hence my American Acoustic Zens

So, my setup is now.
Triangle Genese Lyrr Speakers.
marantz TT15S1 with modded Clearaudio cart.
Marantz SA14S1SE sacd player and matching PM14S1SE amplifier.
with my Denon drm 595 cassette deck for a bit of retro fun.
Atacama rack, with chord co Clearway speaker cable and Chord Clearway interconnect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

bart74

Jun 19, 2022
Visit site
I fell in love with Triangles well over 20 years ago when heard Antals paired with valve amp.
I bought my Triangle Lyrr on ebay a year ago. Had them running with Cambridge Audio Azur ss amp 851a+CXN streamer for 6 months. Was very happy with the stage and details until I plugged them to a valve amp PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium. The days of ss are over. Quality of sound, stage, details and vocals are on completely new level especially for classical, jazz. Played a bit with different valves to match my ears. Just pure pleasure.
We tried Lyrr against Monitor Audio Gold 300, Audiovector QR5, Dali, B&W, KEF Reference and few others. I am hooked to Triangle.
There is one concern, my living room is a bit too small for the bass.
I guess Triangle Duetto might be next.

robdmarsh

Lovely system. How big is your room Bigfish? I guess you need to quite a lot of space to accommodate those.
I love my Titus EZ. Even though they are at the other end of the scale size wise, they sound very dynamic for small speakers and their bass is surprisingly punchy. I know a lot of people run these with a sub but I don't feel the need for most of the music I listen to and I'm not into earth-shaking sounds when watching movies.

The room is around 21x13 feet, so a decent size. The bass produced is different to my focals, it doesn’t boom or feel overblown . It is tight, direct, clear and enjoyable. I was expecting a different delivery of bass especially considering their size and amount of drivers, but they deliver quality over quantity.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts