Transistors for Musical Fidelity E11 amplifier

bluber

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody advise me how to find "high current bi-polar transistors" for replacement in a Musical Fidelity E11 amplifier? Or upgrading units for this good sounding amp? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Try ebay, you will need the transistors make and part number.

bluber

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Yes, the transistors blew when volume was up too much and transforming from 220 to 110 volt might have have made the system less stable. Does a down-transform lower impedance so that too much current flows in the system at a given voltlevel - i am a listener and not an engineer? I live in Bangkok, Thailand so service is limited. Will check the transistor specs.

I also have an E100 amp from MF. Maybe it uses the same transistors as the E11 and I might be able to swithch - any knows about the E100 setup? Alos have an E61 CDplayer. The E11 surpasses both of them in sound quality.

A

Anonymous

Hi, you cannot run the amp on different voltages unless you change the voltage settings on your amp. I am assuming this is why your tranny's blew as they are more sesitive to over voltage than over current.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
bluber said:
.............and transforming from 220 to 110 volt might have have made the system less stable. Does a down-transform lower impedance so that too much current flows in the system at a given voltlevel
No using a stepdown transformer would not cause your amp to be unstable or to blow up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts