trading standards response to lexicon bd30.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ok i emailed them regarding the lexicon bd30 , basically asking if the player was found to be an oppo , in a lexicon chassis , would that be something that they would want to look into , part of their response was

As there are no laws in the UK that govern prices there is
nothing trading standards could do unless the trader was in breach of
contract.
The only breach of contract in such situations would be if the trader
mis-described the product or if they charged more than they had
advertised the
goods at. As long as the price is clear, there is no offence. In this
situation
it would appear the trader is not breaking any laws;

so , it appears that , since they have (alledgedly) slightly modified the oppo , and have made their price clear , then they are not doing anything wrong , at least thats how i interpret it....

A

Anonymous

yes it looks that way , maybe the next time a company "reworks" (and thats possibly being generous) a rivals product , they may put a bit more effort into leaving more visible signs of change ?? or take a zero off its price , or weld the lid shut , or even , make their own product , and make it worthy of its price , etc etc etc ....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The other reason they wouldn't care is because the Oppo was never (officially) sold in this country.

So what you're effectively saying to them is: I think this (single) product is overpriced, what are you going to do about it?

A

Anonymous

basically , yes , your right ..

and what their saying to us , is , anyone can buy a product (well an a.v. product anyway) remove 2 screws , replace them with 2 different screws , and charge 7 times more for what they would then seemingly accept is a modified version ...

buyer beware .....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts