Totem vs.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:I'll be demoing the Neats at Acoustica in Chester but the only dealers I can find for the Totems are very much south. Any ideas of where the closest place to Manchester is I might try some?

Ask the dealer for a home demo, basicly if you never had any deal with him before you will need to pay for speakers first then he should send a demo pair to your house (if he has any to demo!)

If you decided after few listening days that they are not right for you for any reason just give him a ring and you will get full money back. Some delaers may ask you some cash towards shipping but these 2 pairs are light enough, shouldn't be any problem. This way of demo are normally accepted with Higher end pair where room acoustic could be the biggest factor but give it a try, any good dealers (and Acoustica is btw) should be able to help.

A

Anonymous

ukadvocate:Don't get me wrong guys. I'm sure the speakers like the spendors are excellent gems and the base coming out of the arrows are sweet.What I'm about to say is buy no means is a comparison but if you listen to these awful boom boxes or so called mini systems the average joe is going to think wow! I don't believe I just said that! what Im trying to bring across is if I wanted to hear let's say Elton's Captain Fantastic's well produced kick drums or snare drums I would want it to excite me and I feel that small drivers don't deliver that with out the aid of a recomended sub.Besides when it comes to hifi in Canada we kind of lag behind.The place that I wish to purchase my naims I'd have to travel to Vancouver and there the only place that sells them so there for it would be impossible to get as you would say in England " A few quid off". They are not willing to negotiate.UK audio gear- I think are the best money can buy. Anyone come across audio gear made in Germany?.There practically non exsistant here or do I dare to ask? Cheers!
Well advocate... it all depends on where in Canada you are. It is, a very big place. In S. Ontario or the Greater Montreal we are anything but lagging behind in Hifi mon ami. We're awash in the stuff. I can tell you confidently that one can pit Naim dealers against one another on price. I've hear anything and everything the UK, Denmark, France, Germany, Sweden, Japan etc. has to offer. Granted I spend a great deal of my free time trolling the GTA for Hifi shops.

Yes I was a bit taken aback by the "lagging behind" remark. We do have some thumping excellent makers for such a small country, Oracle, Totem, Bryston, Classe, BC Acoustique, Hansen, Coincident etc. etc. One's got to remember that when you're a bit off the beaten path (n.o.) Canada can seem like the armpit of nowhere and ten years behind. But in the densely populated areas we are surely "with it."

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
raypalmer: We do have some thumping excellent makers for such a small country, Oracle, Totem, Bryston, Classe, BC Acoustique, Hansen, Coincident etc. etc. .

Don't forget Virtual Dynamics! They are all fantastic brands, the Coincident speakers are amazing value for money and Bryston are on the classe of their own. I have posted here somewhere before that I was wondering Why some Canadians are mad about Naim when they have top sound without paying the import duty!

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry octopo. I just blabber to much.(If you did not under stand me) To answer Ray Palmer, I live about an hour east of Vancouver. When it comes to buying hifi Vancouver only has a handful of dealers. Each dealer have a lot to offer in the number of products they sell but they all do not carry the same kits therefor no competition.For example I mentioned the naim set up I wished to buy.I can only buy from that one dealer. If you wanted moon audio you would have to go across the bridge to West Vancouver to audition it and so on. Sucks does'nt it. Anything east (where I Live) well you can for get it.Nothing to offer.The place where I purchaced my totems, there bankrupt and out of business.Your right Canada can make excellant hifi. If getting my naims does not work out I'll be looking at a moon system.I thought bryston were British? If you live in Southern Ontario you probably have it better there.I also would like to mention the time I wanted to buy new speaker cable -qed anniversery- they had the cable but not the banana plugs to go with them. He wanted to sell me ultra link plugs mated to the qed's. Of course I said no. So I guess l'll have to revise my statement and say "when it comes to hifi Western Canada lags behind. Cheers! PS. Bought the totems locally. Octopo, I hope you get the speakers you want!

A

Anonymous

Sorry a bit late join this string and hope you don't mind octopo.

Anyone got any experience/opinion of Cyrus and totem?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts