Totally Newbie Requires a Hi Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

please be patient as I know I want a HiFi, but not sure what I need and I need it to be as economical as possible, so I dont mind the second hand route if necessary.

I would like to link it to my PC, run possiby the sound for my TV, have radio, CD, also turntable (but I want a classic sound if there is a difference - so one that would do jazz and blues justice), presumably an amp and speakers have I missed anything? I guess I want it to do most things, but be a good option and not top of the market. I'm probably going to have to buy in stages unless it really is cheaper than I anticipate.

So pointers to which would go well with what and also the likely price this might cost me.

Hope you can help

A

Anonymous

Hey dude welcome,

The all important question - how much do you have now to spend..........and how much in the future ?

We can start the ball rolling then

Chewie

A

Anonymous

Chewbacker:
Hey dude welcome,

The all important question - how much do you have now to spend..........and how much in the future ?

We can start the ball rolling then

Chewie
Agreed... do you currently own anything that can pass for hifi? Is there any germ to build on are we talking total scratchies here.

If it's going to be ground up I strongly suggest old mission speakers from a flea market or some such thing. They're cheap as chips and will act as a good enough stand-in while you build a decent source and amp basis.

IMO you're best buy out of the gate would be something like the Marantz PM6001 or CA340 and a Beresford.

A

Anonymous

Hi Chewbacker

fair point I should have said that at the beginning. I'm not likely to be able to count on anything to start with so this is a new system from the ground up. Am I being unrealistic to say in the first instance I want to spend about £500? After that I might be able to put a couple hundred later, but would have to see how things go.

Cheers for now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts