toshiba regza 52XV555D hd/standard issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i posted this before an got no replies thought id give it another shot though before i launch this t.v out the window.

right, got the above tv, its hooked up to a sony bdp s370 with hdmi, and also a sont dav-is10 dvd player, the dvd player upscales, anyway thats whats wired up to it, the problem is and its a big problem, there is absolutly no differance in picture quality from any source, toshiba tech support when they got round to replying where just a little less than useless anybody out there have any idea whats at fault ???

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
clueless bob said:
i posted this before an got no replies

Jeez dude, that was barely ten minutes ago (seven minutes looking at the time stamps on both your posts), give people a chance.

right, got the above tv, its hooked up to a sony bdp s370 with hdmi, and also a sont dav-is10 dvd player, the dvd player upscales, anyway thats whats wired up to it, the problem is and its a big problem, there is absolutly no differance in picture quality from any source, toshiba tech support when they got round to replying where just a little less than useless anybody out there have any idea whats at fault ???

I'd guess you have the blu-ray player outputting in SD, have you checked? I presume you are playing blu-rays through the blu-ray player and not just DVDs?

A

Anonymous

i posted asking for help a month ago, anywya yeh the blu-ray is puting out 1080, in the t.v there are just the vague settings of movie/dynamic/game/p.c toshiba tech support said pick the 1 that looks best, wich isnt the same as actual hd

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
clueless bob said:
i posted asking for help a month ago, anywya yeh the blu-ray is puting out 1080

And are you actually watching blu-ray discs, rather than upscaled DVDs?

in the t.v there are just the vague settings of movie/dynamic/game/p.c toshiba tech support said pick the 1 that looks best, wich isnt the same as actual hd

Those settings just refer to colour, brightness and contrast etc, they don't affect the resolution, so I don't know what you hoped to achieve with those.

A

Anonymous

yeah watching blu-rays, and yes those settings are as you say brightness etc thats why the guy from toshiba was no use whats so ever, im gettin to the point of considering a new BIGGER t.v, a friend has a panasonit plasma and the hd pic on that is out of this world

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

clueless bob said:
thought id give it another shot though before i launch this t.v out the window

Looks like the tv, and maybe even cluless bob have been launched out of the window.
grin.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts